Leading international innovators look into the future of blockchain, wearables, IoT, AI, chatbots, mobile, HCE and more in this 104-page special report from the NFC World team which examines the latest payments trends and technologies from around the world.
What’s New in Payments features 12 in-depth articles contributed by payments innovators at Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Barclaycard, Swatch, Frost & Sullivan, CaixaBank, ABN Amro, Nordea and more.
This special report includes in-depth technical articles, thought pieces, lessons learned by early adopters, Q&As and more, all contributed by experts with real world experience at the cutting edge of payments.
- Jean-Noël Georges, global program director at Frost & Sullivan, explains how blockchain will disrupt the payments industry
- Barclaycard’s managing director of future payments Nick Kerigan and director of future payments Sanjaya Shrestha discuss how conversational commerce will shape the way we pay
- Meysam Moradpour, Pizza Hut’s director of digital ventures, explains how the Internet of Things is becoming the Internet of Commerce
- Srinivas Nidugondi, head of mobile financial solutions at Mahindra Comviva, sets out how the Indian government’s demonetization initiative is setting the standard for a future without cash
- Swatch’s creative director Carlo Giordanetti answers questions on the company’s NFC-enabled Swatch Bellamy and the future of wearable payments
- Nordea Bank’s Liisa Kanniainen provides readers with detailed insight into the new European PSD2 and GDPR regulations and what they mean for the future role of banks
- Rob Macmillan from Proxama explains how tokenization works and the key role the technology will play in expanding the world of commerce as we move towards the Internet of Things
- Antelop Solutions presents ‘HCE & Tokenization: Perspectives on Security for NFC mobile payments’, a white paper that makes the case for putting security at the heart of HCE projects
- Jos van de Kerkhof, senior product manager for ABN Amro’s mobile wallet, shares the lessons learned by the Dutch bank in its multi-year search for the right mobile payments solution
- Matteo Fermi, head of mobile at CaixaBank Payments, sets out why the Spanish bank believes that mobile payments are the best way to add value to traditional banking services in a mobile world
- Jan Nezbeda, innovation manager at CSOB, explains how the Czech bank went about implementing its HCE mobile payments service — and why the next step is to design a mobile app for the entire shopping experience
- Steve Flanagan, director of marketing at Starbucks Europe, answers questions on Starbucks and the future of mobile payments.
This special report has been produced by NFC World and approved by the NFC World editorial team. What’s New in Payments is sponsored by Antelop Solutions, Mahindra Comviva and Proxama.
How to access this report
This 104-page document is available free of charge to NFC World Knowledge Centre members (PDF format, 20.3MB).
Rate this resource
This item is part of the What's New in Payments Knowledge Centre.