French supermarket chain E.Leclerc begins a national mobile payment rollout, InMarket puts Bluetooth beacons into 150 US grocery stores, with thousands more expected by end of year, and the first products with Fido Alliance password replacement features are demonstrated at CES in Las Vegas.
- Supermarket chain E.Leclerc begins national mobile payment rollout: All 569 of the French chain’s supermarkets will accept payments via the retailer’s own QR-based mobile payment app by mid-2014, chief innovation officer Nicolas Paepegaey tells The Mobile Wallet Report.
- InMarket rolls out Bluetooth beacons to US grocery stores: The first 150 stores are now going live and thousands of supermarkets are expected to sign up for the mobile marketing service by the end of this year, CEO Todd DiPaola says.
- First Fido Alliance products demonstrated at CES: Products conforming to the consortium’s preliminary specifications for an open hardware-based replacement for passwords include a palm-sized iris verification device, a remote control for smart TVs that includes a finger scanner, portable fingerprint devices, voice verification software and a range of biometric dongles.
- PLUS: Sequoia add-on promises to add mobile payments to any POS device, Google patents light-based mobile communication technology, Coinbase launches Bitcoin mPOS app, and more…
Organisations mentioned include 1OAK Technologies, Agnitio, Alipay, Barclays Bank, Coinbase, Consumer Electronics Association, CrucialTec, Delivery Agent, Didi Taxi, E Leclerc, eBay, EgisTec, European Banking Authority, EyeLock, Federal Reserve, Fido Alliance, Fingerprint Cards, FingerQ, Go-Trust, Google, H&M, Infineon, InMarket, Juniper Research, Mobey, Nok Nok Labs, O2, Parks Associates, Radius Networks, Sina Weibo, Sonavation, Synaptics, Tencent, Texas Instruments, WillCall and Yubico.
How to access this report
This report is available free of charge to NFC World+ Knowledge Centre members.
Rate this resource
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Digital wallets
- Market forecasts, surveys and data
- Mobile marketing
- Platforms & operating systems
- POS technology (fPOS)
- Shopper marketing
- Social payments
- The Mobile Wallet Report
- Travel & Ticketing
- User authentication
- Virtual currencies
- Visual Light Communications (VLC)
This item is part of the Mobile Payments Knowledge Centre.