Borica Bankservice’s Bogdan Stavrev explains how Bulgaria’s new Mobb national mobile payments platform works, a national mobile payments service to launch in Colombia this year, and BNP Paribas Fortis’s Gunter Uytterhoeven explains how the new Belgian Mobile Wallet platform has been designed to meet merchants’ needs.
- Bulgarian banks back national mobile payments platform: Borica Bankservice’s Bogdan Stavrev explains how the new Mobb platform works, how consumers can use it to store multiple bank cards from multiple banks, and sets out the platform’s plans for the future.
- National mobile payments service to launch in Colombia this year: Credibanco’s Luis Fernando Sierra Suarez and technology provider YellowPepper’s Serge Elkiner describe how the new Socia platform is designed to provide a way for local banks to attract lower income customers.
- Belgian bank and carrier get EU approval for mobile wallet joint venture: BNP Paribas Fortis’s Gunter Uytterhoeven explains how the new Belgian Mobile Wallet platform has been designed to meet merchants’ needs and how the bank and its telco partner Belgacom will implement the new system.
- PLUS: US restaurant chains select Cardfree for mobile payments, NPCA gains support for mobile payments at the pump, Heartland expands merchants’ mobile payments options, One in four US consumers “very interested” in mobile wallets, and more.
Organisations mentioned include Accenture, Accumulate, ACI Worldwide, Alipay, American Bankers Association, Banco Central do Brasil, Belgacom, BNP Paribas Fortis, Borica Bankservice, Cardfree, Central Bank of Kenya, Central Cooperative Bank, Checkers/Rally’s, Cibank, Credibanco, D Bank, EcoCash, eDigitalResearch, Fido Alliance, Flash Foods, Gilbarco Veeder-Root, GSMA, Heartland Payment Systems, International Asset Bank, Investbank, Leaf, Level, LevelUp, MasterCard, McKinsey, Mocapay, Municipal Bank, National Cyber Security Alliance, National Payment Card Association (NPCA), National Restaurant Association, Parks Associates, PayPal, Portaltech Reply, Redeban Multicolor, Reserve Bank of India, ROAM, SITA, Sonic Drive-In, Square, Subway, Tabbedout, Tencent, The Pinnacle Corporation, Tokuda Bank, Tsys, Ubox, Udi’s, VeriFone, Visa and YellowPepper.
How to access this report
This report is available free of charge to NFC World+ Knowledge Centre members.
This resource is available free of charge to NFCW Knowledge Centre members. Log in or join for free to get immediate access.
Rate this resource
- American Bankers Association
- BNP Paribas Fortis
- Central Bank of Kenya
- Fido Alliance
- Heartland Payment Systems
- National Restaurant Association
- Parks Associates
- Sonic Drive-In
This item is part of What's New in Payments.