In this 16-page edition of The Mobile Wallet Report we examine: Biometrics make a comeback at the point of sale; Marketers flock to Passbook as Apple’s ease of integration and location-based alerts prove irresistible; Lack of reasons to switch overtake consumers’ mobile payment security concerns; and more…
- Biometrics make a comeback at the point of sale. Fingerprint verification and other biometrics are now seeing a resurgence, led by newer approaches that enable consumers to have more control over the storage of their biometric template and expectations that Apple will employ fingerprint ID in a future iPhone. Can biometrics provide consumers with the level of trust in mobile wallets needed to gain widespread acceptance? See page 2.
- Marketers flock to Passbook as Apple’s ease of integration and location-based alerts prove irresistible. The ease of integration, low cost of entry, wide distribution, geolocation capabilities and ability to innovate on top of Apple’s Passbook APIs are enabling the proto mobile wallet app to gain unprecedented traction. We take a look at how marketers are building innovative services with Passbook and at the lessons other mobile wallet providers can learn from its success. See page 8.
- Lack of reasons to switch overtake consumers’ mobile payment security concerns. Surveys conducted in the US and the UK have found that, while worries over the security of mobile payments remain a concern, the perceived lack of any real benefit to using a mobile phone to make a payment is now the biggest barrier to adoption. See page 14.
Organisations mentioned include Air Canada, Albron, Apple, American Airlines, American Express, ANA, Auchan, Authentec, Axis Bank, Banque Accord, Best Buy, BillGuard, BNP Paribas, Cathay Pacific, Coupons.com, Crédit Agricole, Crédit Mutuel Arkéa, Discover Financial Services, eDigitalResearch, Equens, Goode Intelligence, Google, Groupement des Cartes Bancaires, Hallmark, Harris Interactive, HDFC Bank, Heathrow Airport, Home Depot, ICICI Bank, IMS Research, Indian Overseas Bank, Ingenico, Jurong Point, Klout, Leroy Merlin, Lufthansa, Malaysian Airlines, McDonald’s, MCX, Natural Security, Nordstrom, Office Depot, Pay by Touch, PayPal, Qantas, Re/Max, Sears, Singapore Airlines, Sixt, Square, Starbucks, State Bank of India, Turkish Airlines, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), United Airlines, Valpak, Virgin Australia, Visa, Vizibility, Wincor Nixdorf and World Duty Free.
How to access this report
This report is available free of charge to NFC World+ Knowledge Centre members.
Rate this resource
- American Express
- Banque Accord
- Best Buy
- BNP Paribas
- Crédit Agricole
- Crédit Mutuel Arkéa
- Discover Financial Services
- Goode Intelligence
- Groupement des Cartes Bancaires
- Harris Interactive
- Home Depot
- Leroy Merlin
- Office Depot
- Pay by Touch
- United Airlines
This item is part of the What's New in Payments Knowledge Centre.