This 34-page white paper from consulting services provider Fime examines key questions relating to cloud-based mobile payments and how tokenization and host card emulation (HCE) fit into the NFC services marketplace today.
The paper begins with an overview of HCE, tokenization, trusted execution environments (TEEs) and secure elements and then both poses and answers seven key questions currently facing companies deploying mobile payments to consumers:
- What are the threats to sensitive NFC services?
- What security does a mobile device offer?
- Where do HCE and tokenization fit in?
- Who is responsible for ensuring the security of a sensitive NFC service?
- Which certification requirements are relevant to the NFC services landscape today?
- Can NFC security evaluations be combined and simplified?
- What is the role of NFC security certification in the future?
This document has been produced and sponsored by Fime and has been approved by the NFC World+ editorial team.
How to access this report
This 34-page document is available free of charge to NFC World+ Knowledge Centre members (PDF format, 889 KB; downloaded 486 times).
Rate this resource
This item is part of What's New in Payments.